Rutgers student wins regional Global Student Entrepreneur Awards competition Click here to read more.
Thank you to our generous Lead Sponsors, Award Sponsors and judges!
- Larry Prager – Entology, Inc. – Mentor
- Darlene Panzitta – DSP Clinical Research, LLC – Mentor
- JB Blanchard – RoofDeck Solutions – Judge
- Carl Gould – 7 Stage Advisors -Award sponsor
- Caryn Kopp – Kopp Consulting – Award Sponsor
- Nick Kraus – Kraus Marketing – Award Sponsor
- Keith Maddox – J.A. Lee Electric – Judge
- Kevin Mahoney – FindTape.com – Judge
- Susan Michael – Glen Eagle Advisors – Judge
- Kurt Olender – Olender Feldman – Award Sponsor, Judge
- Adam Schnitzler – The S3 Agency – Award Sponsor, Judge
- Michael Schofel – Eastman Companies – Lead Sponsor, Award Sponsor and Program Director
- Andy Tupler – Tupler Financial – Award Sponsor
- Harris Wolin – Myers Wolin – Award Sponsor
- Alan Sobel – Sobel & Co, LLC – Lead Sponsor
- Brian Warden – Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer, Attorneys at Law – Lead Sponsor
- Dartcor Food Services
Can Accenture Take Over Advertising? (Denise Blasevick, The S3 Agency) Click here to read more.
Lawline Featured in New Book for Entrepreneurs (Michael Michalowicz, Profit First Professionals) Click here to read more.
How Ad Agency Life Has Changed from the Golden Age to the Digital Age (Denise Blasevick, The S3 Agency) Click here to read more.
Employees are talking, are you listening? 5 tips for fostering a culture of open communication (Denise Blasevick, The S3 Agency) Click here to read more.
Hollister employees volunteer at FoodBank (Hollister Construction, Kieran Flanagan) Click here to read more.
How to set your small business apart (Michael Michaelowicz, Profit First Professionals) Click here to read more.
SmartCEO is now accepting nominations for the inaugural New Jersey Corporate Culture Awards!
The Corporate Culture Awards program honors companies that foster a creative, collaborative workplace culture to enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage. Smart leaders understand that culture is a company’s greatest asset, driving performance and growth. What’s more, a successful culture is actively and intentionally cultivated and developed.
Winners will be chosen by an independent committee of local business leaders, profiled in SmartCEO magazine, and celebrated at a high-energy awards event in December! Check out the 2015 Greater New York Winners
DEADLINE TO APPLY: June 24th
Who should apply?
- Companies must be headquartered New Jersey.
- Companies must generate a minimum of $2.5 million in annual revenue.
- Applicants must hold a top leadership role in their company (chairman, CEO, president, owner, executive director of a nonprofit) for at least one year.
- Applicants must provide detailed and tangible accounts about their company’s culture, mission and strategy and how it’s driven the organization’s business outcomes.
How to apply or nominate:
- Complete the attached word document and send back
How you are selected:
Upon completion of the application, applicants will receive notification that their application has been received and is under review. All applicants will be evaluated by an independent panel of local business leaders and assessed strictly based on the information provided in the application.
Executive Education Updates
1) EO/Wharton Partnership We are joining forces with the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania to offer a 3 day finance- and operations-focused seminar. Fast facts:
- – Program dates: 13-17 April 2016
- – Program Chairman: Greg Crabtree, EO Atlanta
- – Location: Wharton School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- – Cost: US$4650
- – Registration Launch: 8 October 2015 – There is not an application process for this program; we will follow the regional registration process.
- – Program Website: http://events.eonetwork.org/wharton
2) EO/London Business School Growth Forum – Round 2! The very popular and highly-rated EO/LBS program will be offered for the second time in 2016. Fast facts:
- – Program dates: 30 March-2 April 2016
- – Program Chairman: Kristin McLane, EO Cincinnati
- – Location: London Business School, London, England
- – Cost: US$4850
- – Registration Launch: 20 October 2015 – There is not an application process for this program; we will follow the regional registration process.
- – Program Website: http://events.eonetwork.org/eo-lbs
3) EMP – Applications for the EMP Class of 2018 will go live on 23 October (and close 1 February 2016). Fast facts:
- – Class of 2018, Year 1 dates: 1-5 June 2016 *Applicants who are accepted into the EMP will attend the Year 1 meeting on these dates.
- – Class Facilitator: Brian Brault, EO Western New York
- – Location: MIT Endicott House, Dedham, Massachusetts
- – Cost: EO members: $4300; non-members: US$4800
- – Program Website: http://events.eonetwork.org/emp
Banff Global University – Registration is open
Ground control to space and EO-ers everywhere: Canadian Astronaut, Colonel Chris Hadfield, called the most famous astronaut since Neil Armstrong, has just been confirmed as a 2016 EO Banff Global University keynote speaker. Like no other astronaut before him, Hadfield has found a way to humanize space travel both on and off the stage, but is most known for doing so through one of the most unique musical videos ever made. Check out Hadfield’s quite literal remake of “Space Oddity” and be sure to register for the 2016 EO Banff Global University to see and listen to him in person! Banff, Canada is a truly one of the most remarkable places on earth: towering mountains, hot springs, glorious lakes and miles of astonishing scenery all offer a beyond inspiring experience.
Path of Leadership – Applications open
Interested in applying to join the Regional Council or a Global Committee? Apply online at http://pol.eonetwork.org/. Applications are due by January 15th (Global Board, Regional Director & Committee Chairs are due October 1st).
EONJ Sponsor, Mike Goldman, Performance Breakthrough, has launched a new book: Performance Breakthrough: The Four Secrets of Passionate Organizations
Gallup Organization research has concluded that only 29 percent of employees are truly engaged in the work they do. That’s like an engine running at less than one third of its power! How can a team reach its potential, or even come anywhere close, with that level of engagement?Now imagine the impact of injecting more passion into your team. Imagine a company where eight out of ten people are truly engaged. What would this mean to your team’s productivity, morale, retention, and ability to recruit top talent?
Revised and enhanced from the popular first edition, Performance Breakthroughreveals the four secrets for creating a more passionate, productive, and profitable organization. These ideas are not expensive. In fact, you can execute many without spending a dime.
This book’s message is communicated in the form of a fictional story to help make these ideas real and implementable, as opposed to fuzzy concepts. Augmenting the story are valuable new case studies, summaries, checklists, and other tools that will help you create positive energy, find passion, and achieve your own Performance Breakthrough!
Click here to see the book website. Link to book page on Amazon
It takes a great deal of both individual and collective energy to have a successful year in an organization like ours. Thank you for a successful year. I’m looking forward to another year of excitement and opportunities at EO New Jersey.
As the year comes to a close, the holiday season offers me special opportunity to extend my personal thanks and very best wishes. Wishing you the best for you, your family and business in 2015.